1347 Posts in 439 Topics by 514 members
|Go to End|
5 October 2009 at 5:08am
I'm very new to SilverStripe. I have been working on changing a new theme to the site. The default theme is "blackcandy" and I want to use "callofduty2".
I tried these steps (many times) that I could find from the forum:
1. downloaded the callofduty2 zip file
2. unzipped it and uploaded all files and folders to the themes folder
3. changed the .htaccess file from mysite folder to SSViewer::set_theme('callofduty2');
4. deleted cache from the IE browser
5. go to the site using www.mysite.com/silverstripe/?flush=1
Usually I got a blank page. That's fine, just keep doing more research. Then I will change the theme back to "blackcandy" and the site will be back agiain.
Then I found another post suggested to delete all files under silverstripe-cache folder. So, I changed the theme to "callofduty2" again, and re-did all the above steps and deleted all files under silverstripe-cache folder as well. It didn't work, still got a blank page. So, I put the "blackcandy" back again. This time, I've got a HTTP 500 error, The page cannot be displayed.
Any idea what I did wrong?
7 October 2009 at 2:13pm
If it's not a typo then I think step #3
"3. changed the .htaccess file from mysite folder to SSViewer::set_theme('callofduty2'); "
You should add that line to the _config.php file in the mysite folder rather than the .htaccess file.
|Go to Top|