1153 Posts in 2568 Topics by 408 members
Page: 1 2
|Go to End||Next >|
25 August 2009 at 2:47am
I was with issues with silverstripe that i was not able to solve.
I changed the installation and i have done a new instalattion with the last version. I have then copied the sql lines with the content for the new site.
I copied the files as well for the directory of assets.
The site is now showing ok with all the previous content and i am able to see the content in the admin area.
However i get an error saving content when trying to save any page.
How can i detail this error and correct it ?.
25 August 2009 at 3:13am
when trying to unpublish it also gave an error but the page was unpublished and now i can not publish it again.
Is there any option to go from silverstripe to another tool that works ?
I want to add some content and i am loosing 2 days with no sucess.
I will go back to php
27 August 2009 at 4:25pm
An error saving content can mean a lot.
What does your server errorlog say?
You should then have more information about where the error is generated.
27 August 2009 at 7:10pm
My error log doesnÂ´t say much.
I didnÂ´t try firebug.
I have made a fresh instalation of silverstripe in another domain and compared the existing fields on the tables. After deleting some extra fields like editors and viewers silverstripe started worked normally.
19 November 2009 at 9:34am
I am seeing this issue a lot on one of my implementations. "Error saving content." But it only happens on the Production server and not on my testing environment or on my local instance. The code in all these places is the same, though. So the only thing I can think of is file/folder permissions?? The login for the web user is a member of the Apache group, and has write access to every folder in the SilverStripe directory.
What else could result in "Error saving content" errors? It happens when you click on Savem on any page in the site.
Thanks for any and all help,
1 December 2009 at 8:09am Last edited: 1 December 2009 10:24am
This is for version 2.3.4: It happened to me today: "Error saving content". It happened after I added "GoogleSitemap::enable();" to my _config.php. It went away when I deleted that line. Yes, I did a /dev/build/. I have no idea.
EDIT: All good now. My bad! I somehow assumed that doing a /dev/build/ alone would be sufficient when the GoogleSitemap code was in reach. False! One has to "GoogleSitemap::enable();" and *then* rebuild the database. Sorry for the noise ...
1 December 2009 at 8:20am
I ultimately determined that this error was due to DATABASE permissions-- specifically, in my case, that the DB user had not been granted DELETE rights. Each time you update a page, a DELETE in teh SiteTree_LinkTracking table is issued a DELETE command. I figured out the details of the error by setting the environment type to "dev" and then using Firebug.
Page: 1 2
|Go to Top||Next >|