We have just released some new features to the SilverStripe Platform. We are always improving the product so that over time the SilverStripe Platform continues to add value for your SilverStripe CMS website.
Site developers will now be able to choose when to upgrade to new infrastructure versions. This month we have included the option to upgrade to PHP 5.6 and the Debian 'Jessie' Linux distribution for SilverStripe Platform sites. PHP 5.6 brings speed improvements as well as new features for your site developers. Read more about the new infrastructure configuration.
The deployment screen has been improved to give more information about what will change on your site prior to confirming a release.
Improved error recovery and performance
- Indexing traffic from search engines will be throttled to help avoid a performance impact for site visitors.
- Apache failures will be auto-detected and restarted, reducing downtime.
Helpful new support tools
We've added Live support chat and announcements right inside the SilverStripe Platform Dashboard to help keep you more informed and to get help using the Platform tools whenever you need.
Full changelog is available on the SilverStripe Platform documentation site.
Coming up in October and November
Our main focus will be giving you more power within the Platform dashboard. Key features that we are working on include:
- Better self-service tools for you to create stacks & test environments
- Environment configuration tools allowing you to safely store credentials and API keys you may use in your application.
- Metrics providing an overview of your websites vital signs
5 min survey: What would you like to see in SilverStripe Platform next?
We have many exciting features underway and planned for SilverStripe Platform. By taking part in our short survey, you can help make SilverStripe Platform even better for you!
Post your comment
No one has commented on this page yet.
RSS feed for comments on this page | RSS feed for all comments