With people in town for Webstock, we thought it would be great time to discuss SilverStripe v3.0 and invite members of our open source community to offer ideas and techniques for building with SilverStripe CMS and Sapphire. So, to this end, we've organised a SilverStripe meetup in Wellington on February 16 at 5pm.
Come along to the Bristol in Cuba Mall where we've booked the upstairs function room. We'll put on drinks and nibbles, and as well as having a chance for you to talk to other SilverStripe developers, there will also be the following presentations:
SilverStripe as a Business Intelligence System - Cam Findlay
- Basics of Business Intelligence & why the SilverStripe framework is such a good option for building online based information systems and dashboards to help support good decision making.
- Some real world examples of where I have used SilverStripe for these kind of purposes including the business intelligence needs, how SilverStripe and various modules were was used to meet those needs.
- Future projects and modules I hope to begin this year relating to building BI systems with SilverStripe (maybe briefly touch on the ClickTale module I got running last meetup).
Making a SilverStripe site in no time - Tim Klein
- Setting up environments quickly
- Using css frameworks
- Keeping clever, generic snippets
- Page elements.
SilverStripe CMS and Sapphire v3.0 Overview - Ingo Schommer
Our first public presentation on the goals and features of this upcoming major release, and how we'd love for you to be involved.
Register on the meetup page, send us an email, or leave us a comment if you're coming along - we'd love to have you be part of this. But of course, if you can't make it, we'll be documenting it online afterwards too. We'll also be having regular meetups throughout the rest of 2011, which we'll let you know about closer to the time.