Innis Maggiore has been partnering with Aultman Health Foundation for more than 21 years. Nearly 10 years ago, the agency inherited the hospital’s site, using a homegrown, limited CMS platform that required regular calls to the vendor who responded slowly to requested changes. Ultimately, the website was ported over to a CMS that allowed content managers to handle updates. But due to limited resources and time, the implementation of a redesigned, well-messaged website was delayed.
Innis Maggiore meanwhile deployed a half dozen other web properties for the nonprofit health system, including the latest three on SilverStripe CMS. Easily the content managers’ crowd favorite, it was decided when the main hospital site was redesigned, it would be on SilverStripe.
Aultman Hospital is the leader in healthcare in its community. The agency directed the design and development to showcase Aultman’s leadership position, using its recently developed “Healthy Attitudes” campaign and its centers of excellence.
Capturing the essence of leadership
The challenge for most large healthcare systems is that patients enter through a huge variety of “doors.” With more than a dozen centers of excellence, dozens of locations and hundreds of services, the website could have easily become a muddle of navigation. Instead, the site confirms Aultman’s position of leadership and offers clear navigation through the otherwise complex healthcare system.
To deliver the site, Innis Maggiore used every last functionality of SilverStripe, as well as leveraged several existing modules:
- ColorPicker: color picker field using the ColorPicker jQuery plugin
- Comments: commenting functionality for Pages and other DataObjects
- Comments-Notifications: email notifications for visitor comments
- Re-directed URLs: system for users to configure arbitrary redirections in the CMS
- SMTP: custom SMTP mailer for SilverStripe
- Sortable Grid Field: drag-and-drop functionality to SilverStripe 3.0’s GridField
- User Forms: enables CMS users to create dynamic forms via a drag-and-drop interface
- Grid Field Bulk Editing Tools: component to upload images and edit records in bulk.