Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar - Recurring event doesn't always show when it falls on the last day of the month

Go to End

JoshuaLewis

Community Member, 81 Posts

26 February 2015 at 11:11am

Running Silverstripe 3.1.8 with event calendar 1.0.11. Thanks ahead of time for any help you might be able to give.

I have an event set to recur on the last Tuesday of every month. Instances appear correctly except for the one in March which is on the 31st and last day of the month.

I've created duplicates of the event for each day of the week and sometimes the instances show up correctly on the last day of the month, sometimes they don't. I haven't found a solid pattern yet.

All events are setup with a single CalendarDateTime entry set for StartDate: Jan 1, 2015; EndDate: Dec 31, 2016; StartTime: 5:30 PM; EndTime: 7:00 PM.

The following dates fail to show correctly :
2015 - 2/28 (Sat), 3/31 (Tue), 5/31 (Sun), 7/31 (Fri), 8/31 (Mon), 10/31 (Sat)
2016 - 1/30 (Sat), 1/31 (Sun), 3/31 (Thu), 5/31 (Tue), 8/31 (Wed), 10/31 (Mon)

All of these are the last day of their respective month except for January 30th, 2016. Also, nearly half of the months do correctly show the instance on their last day.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is it likely to be a problem with my configuration of the events or something an easy workaround exist for? Or should I log a bug with UncleCheese over at github?

As a related but separate issue, I tried creating a special case of the event as a second CalendarDateTime entry (values below) along side the one above. This failed to display. Are special case, single occurrence instances of recurring events possible or do they require creating a duplicate event?

Special case CalendarDateTime entry
StartDate: March 31, 2015; EndDate: March 31, 2015; StartTime: 5:30 PM; EndTime: 7:00 PM