Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Gallery module/addon suggestion needed

Go to End

3 Posts   963 Views

Pipifix

Community Member, 56 Posts

2 May 2015 at 2:40am

Hi there,

in the last years i did some projects with the help of Silverstripe 2.x. Although being more a designer than a developer most of the projects went fine. Currently i'm doing my first steps in Silverstripe 3.

Thats why, i need some guidance of you. At my current project (ss 3.12), i want to give the client the possibility to add some topic related images at pages and blogposts. In other words i want to extend Pages and BlogPosts with a gallery in a elegant why. The use of shortcodes would be nice.

I don't need the common GalleryPage.
Which gallery module would you suggest to reach this goal?

I've tried woiwa-ss3-galleryextension, but there are problems i'm not capable to solve - especially an issue with the naming of the upload folder.

Thanks for your help.
Pipifix

Pipifix

Community Member, 56 Posts

7 May 2015 at 11:30pm

Edited: 07/05/2015 11:30pm

hi everybody.

maybe I did not make myself clear (enough): mainly i want to extend a BlogPost (of the new BlogModule) in a simple and elegant way. think of wordpress functionally. the most modules that i've tested extend only pages. Thats why i ask for help. I believe there are brave silverstripers outthere, who has managed this problem. ;)
Thanks for your help.

pipifix.

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

9 May 2015 at 2:42am

Maybe try https://github.com/nightjar/ssrigging-gallery

Apply it to Page and BlogPost using the config system approach
https://github.com/nightjar/ssrigging-gallery#usage