Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Simple Guestbook module

Go to End

85 Posts   50231 Views

mathiasmex

Community Member, 28 Posts

29 March 2010 at 12:56am

Hi Marc,

just downloaded version 0.9.2 and it's not showing anymore. Think that I just used a older version.

Thanks.

Platypus

Community Member, 43 Posts

29 March 2010 at 3:14am

Edited: 29/03/2010 3:42am

The latest version (trunk) is working fine with Opera 10.51.
But regarding SS 2.3.6/7 - I can't run dev/build successfully:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_SL in /homepages/.../guestbook/code/Guestbook.php  on line 575

Maybe time to split a 2.3 branch?

Regards,
Platypus

Euphemismus

Community Member, 82 Posts

29 March 2010 at 8:11am

Hi Platypus,
I've just branched v. 0.92 - but besides the integration of the ReCaptcha options for language, there won't be any more development for ss 2.3x. Except hotfixes, of course ;-)

Regards,
Marc

Platypus

Community Member, 43 Posts

29 March 2010 at 8:39am

Edited: 29/03/2010 8:39am

Thank you Marc, I appreciate this very much :-)
Of course I will try the new 2.4 compatible guestbook too, as soon as I have a website with this SS version up and running.

Regards,
Platypus

Euphemismus

1 April 2010 at 5:04am

Hi folks,

the actual ss 2.3x compatibility branch can be found here:
http://svn.aschmann.org/svn/mod_guestbook/branches/ss_2_3/

This branch basically is v0.9.2 with some additions/corrections I made in the actual trunk development.
Since the next version will be v1.0, the branch will stay at v0.9x, since there will be only maintenance/hotfix development for ss 2.3x.
The v1.0 release will follow as soon as ss 2.4 is officially released, since there are still major changes in some areas from beta to beta :-(

Regards,
Marc

wilhelm oder wil er nicht

Community Member, 16 Posts

8 April 2010 at 3:05am

Edited: 08/04/2010 3:19am

hi there

as I'm not so familiar with PHP and one of you probably already have done what I'm looking for, I'm asking you: is there's a way to add more fields to the guestbook form, or even adding checkboxes?

thanks in advance :)

Euphemismus

8 April 2010 at 3:15am

Hi,

it's not too hard to add new fields - besides some problems with the included logic (which might stop working as expected). Adding/Changing fields would also affect the database and if you want to upgrade to a newer version, you would have to make the changes again.
Besides that: What fields/changes do you need? Maybe it's something which might be usefull for other users and therefore worth implementing (for me) :-)

Regards,
Marc

wilhelm oder wil er nicht

Community Member, 16 Posts

8 April 2010 at 3:31am

Edited: 08/04/2010 3:32am

Hey, thanks for quick reaction.

Ok, in my case I would use the guestbook as a discussion platform.
I would need a simple address field plus different checkboxes. some of them are just information for the admins (like 'I'm interested in further informations, please get in touch') but one of them is more functional and probably more complex: 'publish comment' (so obviously we have the option to not publish the comment, just send it to the administrators, like a contact form).

I also would need to hide the email address and the postal address so other user can't see it, only the administators.

any ideas :) ?