Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image gallery : Display more than one album on the same page

Go to End

3 Posts   2035 Views

nostradamus1935

Community Member, 9 Posts

8 January 2010 at 4:28pm

Hi,

I'm new to Silver Stripe and I'm using the Image gallery module on a site. I'd like to have more than one album showing at the same time on a page, one over the other, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this through Image gallery. What I'm doing instead is something like this :

<% control Albums %>
<% control GalleryItems %>
... some formatting
$Thumbnail, $Image, etc.
<% end_control %>
<% end_control %>

It's not satisfying because I feel I'm going around the problem and I can't use my gallery_ui templates very well, being more limited in scope...

I'm pretty sure it's possible and it mustn't be too complicated but I haven't found much documentation on this module...
I guess the same trick would allow me to, say, show only the second album, or the third...

Does anyone have an idea on how to do that ?

Thanks all.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

8 January 2010 at 4:48pm

You can do think pretty easily by subclassing the page. I'm a little confused about what you want, though. If you want all the images to display, then why not just have one album?

nostradamus1935

Community Member, 9 Posts

8 January 2010 at 5:01pm

Yes, I've been able to show all items of all albums in one place, but albums are important on this page because images are to be organized in categories. I'll explain :
I have one album with large images that I want to cycle (a small jquery fade gallery_ui). This works.
What I want is to have another album (or more) that use another gallery_ui (a scrollable) that I place elsewhere and that shows in ordered groups, let's say steps or images of a same thing. What I can't do is do it for only one album a at time, changing the ui on the go, etc. I've tried overloading (is that the term ?) GalleryItems from ImageGalleryPage but it wouldn't do what I want...

Maybe my question would be better stated as : how do you control each album individually in a gallerypage ?
It's very possible that the solution is simple. I'm actually guessing it is and I'm just missing something... I haven't explored all the module yet, or the entire cms for that matter, but it looks solid.

Thanks for the quick answer btw !