Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar Collapsible dates

Go to End

4 Posts   1523 Views

Miles

Community Member, 14 Posts

13 January 2010 at 5:42am

UncleCheese, once again thank you for this module, it's been a lifesaver.

It's documented that if an event has 2 times on the same day, then the event should collapse into one date/time with multiple times on the front end. That doesn't seem to be working. I also don't see in the code where this is addressed. I've tried it on 2.4, 2.3.4 and your sample calendar at http:://eventcalendar.bluehousegroup.org with the event "Event where times should collapse".

Am I missing something, or is this just a future feature that just hasn't made it into the code base yet?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

13 January 2010 at 7:03am

It was in there for a while, but it was a nightmare. Kept breaking all over the place, and some events were just randomly not showing, so I commented it out.

Ultimately we need to change the model so that dates have many times. A perfect use case for Nested DOM.

Miles

Community Member, 14 Posts

13 January 2010 at 8:24am

I just stumbled upon your method for it just now looking at a different issue. Do you think it could work with some tweaking?

Miles

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

13 January 2010 at 8:42am

Feel free to try it. The logic is based on decrementing and augmenting the counter from within the loop. So it's a delicate balance of infinite recursion versus omitting records.

Let me know how you do.