Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Flickr Module / Navigation buttons

Go to End

4 Posts   1899 Views

dconel

Community Member, 21 Posts

15 January 2010 at 9:04am

Edited: 21/02/2010 5:32am

Much people seems missing the "next" en the "previous" buttons in the flickrmodule. Many people where asking for help but is there really nobody with an answer?

I think the module is kind of 'useless' without the buttons. I've got thousands of picture's to show and some navigation buttons will make it a lot easy er for the visitor.

I think we will help al lot of people by fixing this problem :)

dconel

Community Member, 21 Posts

20 February 2010 at 10:02am

Was it a stupid question? You can say it if it was so. It really irritates me that I can't get it working.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

20 February 2010 at 12:47pm

No, wasn't a stupid question at all. Not many people on the dev team actual uses the module so bugs like this are often not looked at. The file that I believe you would need to edit is the Paginate function in FlickrService file - http://open.silverstripe.org/browser/modules/flickrservice/trunk/code/FlickrService.php (FYI this does it a really bad way so don't learn anything from looking at the code) which returns the html for the pagination.

Looking at that code quickly I see the code for prev / next is in that file but I see it refers to a $current_page variable which doesn't look to ever to set. You might want to debug lines 212 in FlickrService.php till line 238 to see what if anything is wrong. Try Debug::show($currentPage); Debug::show($last_page) etc to see what variables aren't being set and why the buttons aren't showing. Since it looks like I've been assigned the module I'll try it out and see if it works for me and what the solution is.

Mohammed

Community Member, 25 Posts

16 February 2011 at 10:02am

Any update finding a solution to this?