Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Arcade Module

Go to End

3 Posts   2034 Views

jonm80

Community Member, 12 Posts

2 February 2010 at 5:55pm

Hi all,

been playing around with silverstripe for a while now and finally understanding how to make modules, i have started to work on an arcade module.

just wondering how many ss users would make use of this?

currently it works by using a holder and each sub page serves as a category, there is a games tab in each sub page so you can add games, in order to simplify things all some one needs to do is upload a swf game and run a build games command via url, this scans the games dir for new games and adds them to the db, then the game can be selected in the games tab, width height etc are checked at scan so there is no need for the user to add these.

i have worked on simular arcade modules before so im planning on adding all kinds of features.
currently have the following working
holder
category(sub page)
games tab (a game can only be selected in one page(category))
gamebuild (scan for games-> add to db)
-to do
savescore feature
highscore page
champions page
initial 20 game packs about 80 games(will only work with certain games as default)
use shadowbox or simular to show games (was included but removed due to firefox issues)

when im ready with a test version i will post back here, im looking at an alpha version coming out early march:)

CodeGuerrilla

Community Member, 105 Posts

2 February 2010 at 9:16pm

Sounds cool! I would find it useful as we are re-building our corporate website with SilverStripe were thinking of including flash games we have created and some just for fun would save us some time!

jonm80

Community Member, 12 Posts

12 February 2010 at 4:10am

uploading the first draft version, currently supports smfarcade games and v3arcade games, will be adding ipb and phpbb gamesover the next few weeks, will also add downloadlinks within the gamebuilding function for a site-2-site transfer, link to follow