Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

New Module: Custom Menus

Go to End

56 Posts   14050 Views

cake

Community Member, 19 Posts

1 March 2010 at 9:20pm

Mo, I am running ss 2.3.6 with Translateable enabled. I didn't find a solution so far.

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

2 March 2010 at 5:07am

Right, I have been working on these issue, I think I have got most of them now, but I am still working ont he tree multiselect one.

Cake, I was wondering how are you getting the "Cant handle sub URL's" message? I cannot generate a similar error, though I am getting the same issue in 2.3.6.

Cheers,

Mo

cake

Community Member, 19 Posts

2 March 2010 at 6:41am

This error message is displayed in firebug console. It's the same output which gets rendered in your
browser if you open the url for the pages dropdown action directly. In my case it is

/admin/menus/EditForm/field/Pages/gettree?forceValues=

Mo

2 March 2010 at 7:19am

Ok, I am seeing this error. Looks like it might relate to RequestHandler, according to this post: http://www.silverstripe.org/upgrading-silverstripe/show/256509?start=0#post256603.

I Cannot see a way around this other than hacking the 2.3.6 RequestHandler file, which I am not happy with as a solution.

I will have a think on this tonight, it is only the TreeMultiselect field that causes this error, if I was to use a checkboxsetfield for example, it works ok, but your site hierarchy isn't retained.

Watch this space! :)

Mo

Mo

2 March 2010 at 12:18pm

Ok, I just committed a new version to the Trunk. Basically, I have replaced the TreeMultiSelectField with a new FieldType that is based on CheckboxSetField. This lists all pages in nested UL's that are indented correctly.

There are still some issues with the rendering of sub level pages, the ordering seems to be a little odd. Plus if someone has a site with a crap tonne of pages, I imagine this may get a little sluggish. But this seems to work ok for me, if you guys could test it out, that would be great.

Cheers,

Mo

Mo

3 March 2010 at 1:28am

Ok, another quick update, I have now added an "Order Pages" field. This currently is very basic (accepting a comma separated string of page ID's), but it allows you to get around the weird ordering behavior of sub pages added to the menu.

Next step is to add a drag and drop interface on top of this, but hopefully this will do for now :).

Mo

Carolg

Community Member, 9 Posts

5 March 2010 at 11:34am

Not sure this is the right place to post this question but here goes:
I have just installed Custom Menus and it appears fine in the SS interface, but when I click on the menus that are in the left-hand pane (and I can make new menus fine) nothing loads up in the right hand pane.
Am using SS 2.3.6.
I watched Hamish install and use this module last night so I know it works!
Any ideas?
Thanks
Carol

PS I'm a front-ender not a developer so keep it simple!

Mo

5 March 2010 at 12:20pm

Hi Carol,

First question, are you using the version from the SVN trunk, or did you download the 0.1.0.zip file? If you downloaded the zip, I just uploaded a new version (0.2.0). This has quite a few bug fixes and a new menu ordering pane.

If you have the trunk version, can you open up the menu admin in firefox, then open the error console and try clicking a menu. Does this generate any errors?

Cheers,

Mo