Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

UserDefinedForm core dumps

Go to End

4 Posts   1430 Views

motly

Community Member, 4 Posts

21 March 2010 at 3:13pm

Edited: 21/03/2010 3:22pm

Greetings,

PHP version 5.2.13
SS 2.4.0-beta2
Userforms Revision: #100973

In the CMS Page Tree when I click a UserDefinedForm Page I get a javascript alert dialog with the contents of my "Page Not Found" page and a 27Mb core.xxxx dump file in the sapphire folder.

I'm pretty new to SS and was wondering how I would go about figuring out what was causing the dump. As far as I can tell the core dump is happening when a http://mydomain.co.nz/admin/getitem?ID=84&ajax=1 type call is being made.

This only seems to happen with UserDefinedForm pages.

If I hover over the UserDefinedForm page in the admin page tree list I see the url of "/admin/show/84", clicking it produces a core dump, but browsing to it will show the page ready for editing.

Any idea how to track down what's going wrong?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

21 March 2010 at 6:09pm

Very strange - if you are using svn perhaps try earlier revisions and see if the error still occurs?. I just checked on my copy of 2.4 + Userforms trunk and could not reproduce the core file issue. Can you create new forms?

motly

21 March 2010 at 9:24pm

Thanks for the reply.

When i create a new UserDefinedForm Page in the CMS, the page gets created correctly (correct records in the db etc) but as the CMS tries to focus the new page to edit it I get the ajax call fail, java alert and core dump as above.

I was wondering if it had anything to do with this bug http://bugs.php.net/50261?

I've only tested on php 5.2.13, i'll test it locally on my dev box (php 5.3), and see if its still an issue.

What version of php did you test your copy on?

motly

22 March 2010 at 7:13pm

Looks like it was the version of PHP causing the issue.

It works fine in PHP 5.3.0 and PHP 5.3.2

Cheers