Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Calendar formatting is out of wack

Go to End

3 Posts   1402 Views

thomas810

Community Member, 1 Post

23 March 2010 at 2:30pm

Ok, I am trying to install the calendar...cant figure out why the page looks so broken. The formatting on the page seems way out of wack... the calendar is off center, the heading of the page is below the calendar... and I cant seem to figure out how to fix the page. A central need is to get a very functional calendar but I am ready to dump this program and move to another CMS... how do I adjust the layout so the page fits with the calendar box to the right and events listed on the left -- Suggestions?

http://www.marlboroorchards.com/community-calendar/

Thanks for any help...

Thom

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

23 March 2010 at 4:10pm

The templates that come with the module are just examples.. you can't expect them to fit seamlessly into the structure you have defined. You can create your own template in your theme directory to override the default module templates. Start by copying over the content and then change it as you need to to fit your layout. Whoever did that template for you should have followed through and integrated the calendar, as well.

thomas820

Community Member, 2 Posts

26 March 2010 at 6:13am

It seems like every step I take with the calendar and forum modules create problems and I have to mine this site for a solution because something breaks. I like the beginning this CMS has but it is simply too much work to mine solutions to problems and I dont have enough time to spend on trying to find solutions.. time to move on... Thanks for your time.