Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can't load saved newsletter (error loading page)

Go to End

32 Posts   6454 Views

suntrop

Community Member, 141 Posts

6 April 2010 at 12:28am

I uploaded the newsletter (and userforms) module and rebuild my database. Everything looks green and fine – no errors.

Anyway, I get an error when I try to load a saved newsletter. error loading page
I can still create new ones but never open an existing draft or a sent mailing.

Do I have to configure something? A path or some vars somewhere? Cannot find help here for that problem.

Hope for some help of you guys :-) Thanks!
suntrop

yurigoul

Community Member, 203 Posts

7 April 2010 at 7:07am

Do you use the newest version? There should be a 2.4 ready version where that problem has been solved. The only thing that might not work is unsubscribing.... (I went for an other newsletter system in the end - non silverstripe)

churika

Community Member, 29 Posts

7 April 2010 at 7:11am

I'm having the same problem, I have 2.4 currently.

So the Unsubscribe button doesn't work either?

yurigoul

7 April 2010 at 7:15am

I went with phplist in the end. At ssbits.com I explained how you can add one rule to your htaccess to circumvent the silverstripe system so you can reach other programms in the same site root.

suntrop

Community Member, 141 Posts

7 April 2010 at 8:28am

Edited: 07/04/2010 8:28am

I think – the more users in my list, the better it is. For what reason do I need an unsubscribe button :-D

Joking aside. It is in v 0.4.0 so it's obvious there are bugs. But if users can't unsubscribe, I can't use it. Thus I don't need to fix the loading error ;)

Hope for a stable version. It looks pretty cool! Thanks for that – whoever has coded it.

Thanks for your answers!

P.S.
I fled from PHPlist. Code is older than myself and it has a great lack of usability. Maybe I try to melt it with pommo (http://pommo.org/Main_Page) although they seem stopped working in 2008.

yurigoul

7 April 2010 at 8:40am

Regarding phplist: The code and interface look old and dated, but as far as I could see they are still updating it and adding stuff. I could not find another program, alas.

But one of the maintainers of the newsletter once send me an updated newsletter unsubscribe php with the remark that it was not 2.4 ready so I had to do that myself but somehow I had gone through so many problems with it already that I dropped it.

I can solve small problems with the modules, the saphire and cms code but I am not experienced enough in php to handle the bigger problems. Well that is what I use as an excuse anyway.

churika

7 April 2010 at 1:51pm

I SVN'd the latest version of newsletter module and i am still having the same problem. It errors trying to load a saved newsletter so that you can edit it or send it later. As of now I have to create a draft, type it all out, save it, and send it all without leaving that screen or I can never come back to it.

churika

7 April 2010 at 3:48pm

Could it be that we are using SilverStripe 2.3.6 version and the module version 2.4?

Go to Top