Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can't load saved newsletter (error loading page)

Go to End

32 Posts   6454 Views

yurigoul

Community Member, 203 Posts

7 April 2010 at 7:18pm

Edited: 07/04/2010 7:18pm

0.4rc1 is the newest release and it supposed to be working with Silverstripe 2.4 (so that will probably include the latest SVN version), and 0.3 with 2.3.x

suntrop

Community Member, 141 Posts

8 April 2010 at 6:59am

Edited: 08/04/2010 7:00am

Your are right with PHPlist. It is still in work and they (as I can remember) wanted to go to a more maintainable code (MVC I think).
Anyway, it works fine and once it's set-up it runs pretty stable.

The loading error could occur because I have a 2.3 version installed. Hadn't seen it is for 2.4. I want to update the next days before I launch my new site. Hope the beta isn't much buggy :)
If the newsletter is ok, I'll post it here.

Bey
suntrop

Pipifix

Community Member, 56 Posts

21 April 2010 at 12:26am

@yurigoul.

I got the same error. Working on SS2.4RC1/userforms2.1 and newsletter0.4RC1. By updating the DB with .../dev/build?flush=1 a website error appears. no error text are rendered. I've got no glues. Any hints to get it working?

Pipifix

yurigoul

21 April 2010 at 1:08am

I did not test it, but before I do I have one question: I would like to know if the error comes from the newsletter or from userforms, so what happens if you uninstall userforms? AFAIK the current version is not ready for 2.4, and you do not need it anymore for the newsletter.

Liquid Edge Creative

29 April 2010 at 11:42am

I'm experiencing the same problem when trying to view draft newsletters previously created.

When I click on a draft newsletter, Firebug puts up the following JS error:

base.js?m=1269209908 (line 55)

getTransport()
toColorPart()

var Ajax={getTransport:function(){return Try.these(function(){return new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP')},function(){return new ActiveXObject('Microsoft.XMLHTTP')},function(){return new XMLHttpRequest()})||false;}

I'm a complete PHP, Silverstripe and JS newbie so have no idea where to start with troubleshooting this.

Any more thoughts?

yurigoul

29 April 2010 at 6:58pm

You got the right Newsletter version?

Release [v0.4.0-rc1] compatible with SilverStripe 2.4

Release [v0.3] compatible with SilverStripe 2.3 Release

Liquid Edge Creative

30 April 2010 at 9:35am

Thanks for your reply Yurigoul.

Ah-ha, could that be the answer?! I'm currently using Newsletter v0.4.0-rc1 with Silverstripe 2.3.7.

The ReadMe says this version of Newsletter is compatible with 2.3.x but you're saying that's not entirely true?

Would you suggest I update Silverstripe to 2.4 or downgrade Newsletter to 0.3 to sort this out?

yurigoul

30 April 2010 at 10:31am

Newsletter v0.40 RC1 has various things that are 2.4 specific - it has basically to do with certain things that are named differently in 2.4 and therefor Silverstripe 2.3.x can not respond to certain requests.

I would go for Silverstripe 2.4 rc1, since the system is faster than 2.3.x, and I in my experience 2.4 is working good - even DOM has a release for 2.4 now.

The only thing you have to check (and I haven't yet) is wether or not the unsubscribe feature works in that release. Can be you have to grab the latest trunk (there was something wrong with it in at least the 0.3 release).