Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Lucence Index Corrupting?

Go to End

purplespider

Community Member, 89 Posts

7 December 2016 at 10:02pm

Edited: 07/12/2016 10:03pm

I've been using the Lucene module on a few of my sites, hosted on my server, for a few years. They've been working well until a few months ago, when suddenly these sites started reporting errors, along the lines of:

[Error] Uncaught Zend_Search_Lucene_Exception: File '/tmp/silverstripe-cache-php5.6.20-home-sitename-public_html/sitename/Silverstripe/_dhq.cfs' is not readable.
/home/sitename/public_html/lucene/thirdparty/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/File/Filesystem.php:56 
(Where sitename is unique to the website)

At this point the error is triggered whenever someone attempts a Lucene search on the frontend, or if a CMS user attempts to save a page in the backend.

That directory does exist, and it does contain .cfs files, but none with the name specified.

I have to run a /dev/build and then a /dev/tasks/ProcessJobQueueTask and the Lucene index is regenerated. This stops the error occurring for both CMS actions and searches.

However, a couple of weeks later, and the errors will start appearing again. Albeit with a different .cfs filename. After running the tasks everything works fine for a couple of weeks and so on.

It seems to happen to different sites at different times.

I don't believe this issue was triggered by a change to the site's code or a module update. So I'm guessing something has started happening on the cPanel server which breaks Lucene.

Anyone have any ideas?