Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Quick Question re: Dataobject_manager/image_gallery (Unc. Cheese?)

Go to End

12 Posts   2220 Views

Wilson

Community Member, 63 Posts

4 May 2010 at 5:02pm

Edited: 04/05/2010 5:02pm

Hiya,

My client is running many SS subsites I've built off of their primary domain, but their primary domain is off-limits to me. We just noticed that their Image Gallery is hanging up when access through a subdomain.

To illustrate, in the dev environment, they accessed ALL their subsite admin areas at one URL, http://mystagingserver.com/admin, which was fine but when we went live they now access it via, http://subsitename.domain.com/admin.

This causes the image gallery image links to break in the Admin area (it's fine in live). But more importantly it throws jQuery errors and doesn't allow any new images to be added to the gallery.

Uncle Cheese, is this is a known issue? I'm running a version from about 3-4 weeks ago. Any ideas what the fix might be, I'm assuming it's relatively simple, but haven't been able to track it down.

Many thanks!

Wilson

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

5 May 2010 at 1:36am

What version of SS?

Be sure to post questions related to DOM in the DOM forum, as I'm much more likely to find them there.

Wilson

5 May 2010 at 1:54am

Ah, sorry, will do on DOM forum next time.

SS version is 2.4 Beta1.

I know params are a bit vague, but I just wanted to double-check you or someone didn't know the answer right off of the bat.

Thanks very much for your time.

Wilson

UncleCheese

5 May 2010 at 2:05am

You might want to upgrade.. 3-4 weeks ago sounds about the time that I branched off the 2.3 version. Are you using SVN? The 2.4 version is on the trunk. I think it's also on the download page for DOM in the SS Extensions section.

Wilson

6 May 2010 at 3:04am

Thanks! Yes, I may/should do the upgrade, but everything else is working so perfectly, I'm tempted not to rock the boat.

I've traced it down to the two jQuery JS libs simply not being loaded when launching the 'Add photos to album' dialog WITH a subdomain. With no subdomain, they load.

I believe the solution will involve the THIRD_PARTY_X constant.

UncleCheese

6 May 2010 at 4:25am

Well nothing's going to rock the boat more than running a version of DOM that isn't compatible with your SS version, right? :)

Wilson

6 May 2010 at 4:29am

Good point! In this particular case, the project has been delivered and installed on their production servers, so I was hoping to email them the fix. We just missed it in on our QA server testing.

Thanks Uncle Cheese for all your hard work.

Wilson

6 May 2010 at 1:57pm

I upgraded to HEAD and am still getting the bug. Uncle Cheese, are there any cache files created for DOM or Image gallery? If so, perhaps there's an incompatibility with those and the subsite system.

Seems like it boils to down to these two lines not firing consistently in DataObjectManager_Popup in DataObjectManager:

Requirements::javascript(THIRDPARTY_DIR.'/jquery/jquery.js');
Requirements::javascript(THIRDPARTY_DIR.'/jquery-livequery/jquery.livequery.js');

May lie outside of DOM, of course.

Thanks,
Wilson

Go to Top