Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: Postale Module

Go to End

32 Posts   5393 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

8 May 2010 at 4:59am

Hi, Everyone,

I'll be releasing a robust private messaging module very soon. Features include:

• * Threads, messages, users
    * Multiple users/messages per thread
    * Message creation with live search for adding/removing recipients
    * Pagination
    * Message search
    * Show all, unread, sent, deleted
    * Mark as unread, read, deleted
    * Email notification
    * Live notification for active sessions
    * Global functions decorated into SiteTree including: $NewMessagesCount and $SendMessageLink for access to module features on any page
    * Loaded with AJAX
    * Graceful degradation for non-javascript users

Screenshots

NickJacobs

Community Member, 148 Posts

8 May 2010 at 12:35pm

Hey UC, this looks awesome...can't wait to see it and try it out!

AdamJ

Community Member, 145 Posts

14 May 2010 at 7:09pm

UC, that looks amazing. Can't say I have a use for it at this point, but I hope I do :)

Which script did you use for the live search/multiple recipient field? I was just preparing to create my own field using a jquery version.

UncleCheese

15 May 2010 at 1:54am

Thanks for the feedback! I used FCBKComplete: http://www.emposha.com/javascript/fcbkcomplete.html

AdamJ

15 May 2010 at 2:06am

sweet! I was tossing up between FCBKComplete and this one: http://devthought.com/projects/jquery/textboxlist/

Any timeline on release? (I'd love to get my hands on that field ;) )

UncleCheese

15 May 2010 at 2:27am

Wow! That looks much more mature than the one I chose. Too bad the demo doesn't work! :(

I'm delaying the release to give me a chance to clear my plate so I'll be able to handle writing documentation and supporting it, etc. The genesis of the module is that it's a component to a social networking site I've been working on since the beginning of the year, so once that goes into beta, the module will be well-tested and I'll put it up here. Still a little buggy.

AdamJ

15 May 2010 at 2:39am

Oh wow, that demo was working when I posted that comment, must have gone down right after!

Like I said though, I was looking to make a pretty similar field (although mine would have been lackluster in comparison to yours I'm sure...). If there is any way I could help you out and possibly get a copy of that field pre-release, let me know! :)

UncleCheese

15 May 2010 at 2:53am

Yeah, the only thing is, I didn't bundle up the field as an object. Kind of stupid, now that I think about it! I'll give it a go if I have time today.

Go to Top