Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Here's a thought, combine userdefinedforms with event calendar - Event registration!

Go to End

10 Posts   2686 Views

otherjohn

Community Member, 125 Posts

10 May 2010 at 8:56am

Ok, so I want to somehow combine the two together (userdefinedforms with event calendar). I just need to figure out how, since I am pretty new to this. Anyone want to help or point me in the right direction?

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

10 May 2010 at 9:02am

Combine them in what way?

Note that there is already an Events module in the SilverStripe repository - maybe try that out and see if it does what you want.

otherjohn

10 May 2010 at 10:21am

To make a dynamic event registration. It's one thing to have an event registration that is static fields to fill out, but a whole 'nother thing to allow the user to customize the event registration on the fly without programming.

I didn't know there was an event module. How is it different than the event calendar by UncleCheese?
John

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

10 May 2010 at 10:59am

It's a module released by the Silverstripe development team that's geared toward registering for events. There's no calendar component to it, I don't think.

It's pretty easy to make a simple registration form for EventCalendar. I've posted code in the past. You just need to pass an Event (or DateTime) ID to your contact form and it can build out all the information about the event dynamically.

jseth

Community Member, 98 Posts

19 August 2010 at 12:38am

Hi Uncle Cheese. You said "It's a module released by the Silverstripe development team that's geared toward registering for events." This is exactly what I'm looking for, however I can't find it on this site. I'd also love to see your code for the registration form for the EventCalendar that you posted previously - either would be a great help. Do you have that info convenient? Thank you.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

19 August 2010 at 1:52am

Hey, jseth,

It's an interesting idea, but I fear the code for both of those modules is outdated enough to make an integration pretty messy. I'm not opposed to giving it a try, tough.

The issue of event registration with EventCalendar comes up a lot, and it's actually quite simple. All you need to do is get an EventID to a contact form, and you can handle the registration however you want from there. I need to write a good tutorial on this. Subscribe to this thread and I'll post something soon.

jseth

Community Member, 98 Posts

19 August 2010 at 1:58am

Oh, that would be great, and much appreciated! I'm dreadful with code (I'm a seeing-eye-dog type of code person - tell me exactly what it needs to be and where to put it, and I'm ok, but "get an EventID to a contact form" is just Greek to me!). I'll keep subscribed to this thread, and am looking forward to your tutorial. Thanks again.

otherjohn

19 August 2010 at 2:28am

I was able to integrate it quite easily as UncleCheese said by moving the userdefinedforms code over to the events-calendar. It works like a charm with little extra programming.
John

Go to Top