Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

userforms : drag and drop not working

Go to End

7 Posts   2786 Views

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

4 June 2010 at 4:29am

I am setting up my first form using the userform module.. (great mod by the way)
only problem I have is that the drag and drop is not working (I have the latest release and SS 2.4)
Is there something I need select to get it to work (like the site-tree maybe)?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

4 June 2010 at 9:11am

Glad you like the module! Drag and drop should work out of the box I'm getting some feedback of Javascript errors on sites in live mode because of the combined files. Try disabling that using..

Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled(false);

In your _config.php file. Make sure you are using the latest release of UserForms (0.3) if you are using SS2.4

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

4 June 2010 at 10:50am

that did it!

now, is that going to cause any performance issues for me... I am guessing that setting changes how files are delivered to the browser.

Willr

4 June 2010 at 10:55am

Not really, it only compresses them for the CMS and the benefit (unless you have a really really slow connection) will be a second or 2 when accessing the cms.

edk

Community Member, 39 Posts

23 June 2010 at 4:01pm

Hi Willr,

Will disabling combined files affect you if you also want to combine files on the "site front-end"?

Thanks,
Ed

Willr

23 June 2010 at 4:09pm

If you have configured combined files on the front end then yes it would. I believe I have found the cause of some of the drag and drop issues. http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/5738 so disabling the combined files may not fully fix it (but refreshing the page will).

edk

Community Member, 39 Posts

23 June 2010 at 4:32pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. I did the refresh page thing once the form had loaded, and as you said it was fine. I think it is better to tell the client that fix for now as opposed to sacrificing the file combination benefits.

Thanks again for a great Module. It is so great sitting with a client walking through the CMS and showing how simple it really is to create forms.

-Ed