Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

How to pull upcoming events but from one of two calendar

Go to End

3 Posts   1651 Views

otherjohn

Community Member, 125 Posts

4 June 2010 at 9:49am

Hi all,
I have the event-calendar setup for regular calendar use. Then I created a module that is an extension of the event calendar that is for certain group meetings. This one is extended with event address, map, etc.

On the homepage of the site, I would like to pull upcoming events, but only from the regular calendar. Not from the extended one.

When I use the following code in my page.php file, it pulls back events from the extended calendar.

public function UpcomingNonAnnouncements() 
   { 
      return DataObject::get_one("Calendar")->upcomingEvents(5); 
   }

Any idea how I can fix this?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

4 June 2010 at 12:48pm

get_one("Calendar") is just going to select one arbitrarily. You need to add more criteria if you want to get a specific one.

Keep in mind, the UpcomingEvents() function that is decorated into all SiteTree objects takes a URLSegment as a second argument..

<% control UpcomingEvents(5,some-calendar) %>

DanStephenson

Community Member, 116 Posts

19 October 2011 at 3:59pm

Edited: 19/10/2011 5:35pm

Hi Uncle Cheese,

Is there a way I can test for if there are any upcoming events in a calendar? Essentially I have a sidebar block on my homepage showing my latest events, incluidng a headline of Latest Events. If there are no events I want the whole block to not be displayed.