Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Magento integration

Go to End

20 Posts   11164 Views

keeny

Community Member, 48 Posts

22 November 2010 at 5:53pm

Hiya Jamie,

Why did you need to share the sessions? Is that so that the user could log on in one place? - i.e. have one login/pass that logs the user into both platforms?

Barry.

jam13

121 Posts

22 November 2010 at 10:31pm

Basket count, wishlist count, recently viewed items and login status were the main things IIRC.

keeny

Community Member, 48 Posts

26 November 2010 at 2:54pm

I've managed to display Magento categories within SS by doing this: http://www.gingerleprechaun.com/magento/magento-menu-silverstripe-integration

Do you have any advice or code examples on how to do it in the other direction? I want a SS menu within Magento pages.

Simon on IRC suggested RestfulServer as an option to expose SS functions, but this may be slow? How does your method of sending JSONs from SS to Magento perform?

Cheers,

Barry.

e-lancer

Community Member, 1 Post

10 December 2010 at 4:12pm

hey jam,

interesting postings. We are just planing to let both systems interact with each other too. I'm very interested to see your code and development and would like to help you to polish it. If I'm in the code, we could share work to improve it or to add more needed functionality. Your comments about the development are already good hints, to keep an eye on specific problems, resulting from the interaction issues.

Have you setup svn or git for the project?

Best wishes from white Berlin!

e

Go to Top