Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Sphinx 0.1: $SphinxSearchForm / no enabled local indexes to search

Go to End

59 Posts   23882 Views

Enclave SSC

Community Member, 31 Posts

24 July 2010 at 1:22am

UPDATE: Got the form up by using the advice initially provided. Upon searching and with much excitement in the air I was disappointed to get a blank screen :/ "search?Search=test&action_getResults=Go"

I am trying to debug this at the moment.

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

24 July 2010 at 11:47pm

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply

I'm away from the office at the mo, but back on Wednesday will try again then :)

Aram

Enclave SSC

26 July 2010 at 1:22am

I am still stuck with a blank page upon searching any query.

My result for Sphinx/diagnose is:

NOTICES: - Database type: mysql - Database server: 127.0.0.1 - Database port: 3306 - Database props: sphinxss_db - Sphinx listening to: /tmp/silverstripe-cache-var-www-sphinxss/sphinx/searchd.sock - Sphinx configuration location is /tmp/silverstripe-cache-var-www-sphinxss/sphinx - Sphinx binary locations: /usr/local/bin/indexer, /usr/local/bin/searchd, /usr/local/bin/search

Aram if you get to this point and figure something out then please let me know.

mark_s

Community Member, 78 Posts

26 July 2010 at 9:09am

Hi. When you say you're getting a blank page, are you getting an error (e.g. a 500 error), or just no search results?

Mark

Enclave SSC

26 July 2010 at 9:26am

Edited: 26/07/2010 9:27am

Hi Mark, apologies if I was unclear. The page is completely blank and there is no error in my Apache error log. This has me scratching my head.

I am thus not getting any search results.

Enclave SSC

26 July 2010 at 9:21pm

http://silverstripe.org/assets/modules/stable/sphinx-v0.2.tar.gz is corrupt under the modules section. Just thought I would mention this aswell.

Enclave SSC

27 July 2010 at 2:04am

Edited: 27/07/2010 11:24am

I think it is just that the results are not rendered with any template.

Do I need to create my own result template and controller?, if so can anyone help me out with a sample or will the module default to the Page_results.ss template?

UPDATE:

I overwrote ContentControllerSearchExtension and reference SphinxSearchForm. Also set allowed actions on the relevant controllers. I now get results but had to manually add my custom class to the $classesToSearch.

mark_s

Community Member, 78 Posts

27 July 2010 at 8:25pm

Hi.

Firstly, thanks for letting us know the download is corrupt. I'll have a look into this.

Secondly, sphinx module contains a basic SearchForm, but output rendering is not part of the module. The core concept is the module handles the indexing, and when you perform a search it returns the resulting DataObjects.

It is not as integrated into the regular search as I would like, although this is likely to improve over time.

Mark