Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Hide Mailto module

Go to End

clusterboy

Community Member, 4 Posts

20 September 2010 at 2:08pm

Edited: 20/09/2010 2:15pm

I'm trying to get Hide Mailto module from Matt to work with SS 2.4.0.

Aside/Background for the uninitiated: Even if you haven't played with the hidemailto module, the code is pretty short, succinct, and easy to follow: You register /mailto with the Director; the Director then invokes the HideEmail controller with the link arguments when invoked with http://mysite/mailto/user/domain/subject, and the HideEmail controller composes a mailto: redirect to user@domain with subject "subject" from these arguments. The code does precisely what I'm looking for, but there's a missing component somewhere that I must be missing.

It seems that the code isn't correctly invoking the Director redirect, despite registering the mailto/ prefix action successfully. Within the _config.php, I've added "*" to apply the obfuscation to all domains.

The codebase for the hidemailto module has the class: "class HideEmail_Controller extends ContentController {" Within this class, I put some simple debugging information to check the action on the arguments, but it appears that this code is never invoked by the Director.

Does anyone have tips on debugging this further? Or, alternatively, a recommended way to integrate javascript-driven e-mail obfuscation into SilverStripe pages?

ADVthanksANCE