Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

userforms installation location

Go to End

4 Posts   1136 Views

kevyn

Community Member, 6 Posts

19 August 2010 at 3:39am

Edited: 19/08/2010 3:41am

Please can someone tell me the exact location that the latest userform add on should be installed onto SS 2.4 ?

ie. which of these is it? (or is it something else?)

www.mydomain.com/userforms/trunk/files
www.mydomain.com/userforms/modules/trunk/files
www.mydomain.com/sapphire/userforms/trunk/files

this is assuming that my root is where my sapphire, cms, mysite, and themes folders are.

I'm new to SS and this is just throwing me totally - is there not just a folder called addons that all the addons should just be installed to?

ps. I've tried the dev/flush - and it has built my database tables once - do I need to delete the tables before installing the add on again?

thank you very much

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

19 August 2010 at 8:02pm

Its the same as every other module - the root of your silverstripe installation. Eg the folder which already has sapphire, cms etc.

So your structure should be the following. Note if you download using the automatic download generator (or trac) it throws some version numbers in the filename or adds another needed level which needs to be removed

assets
cms
--/ code
--/ templates
--/ etc...
sapphire
--/ api
--/ core
--/ etc..
mysite
--/ code
--/ etc..
userforms
--/ code
--/ templates
--/ etc ..

I'm new to SS and this is just throwing me totally - is there not just a folder called addons that all the addons should just be installed to?

I am personally for a dedicated 'modules' folder so its easy - copy to modules/ and done. But some reasons why people don't want a simple solution like that. You can find discussions on the forum about this structure debate and on the dev mailing list.

kevyn

Community Member, 6 Posts

19 August 2010 at 8:41pm

Thank very much Willr - I actually had it in the correct place at one point, it's just that when I tried to change an existing page to a user form, it said 'this will change once saved' but then it always reverted back, which made me think I had something wrong!

I did have a weird problem, when I pressed 'add' button I just got a blank page (http://domain.com/index.php/admin/EditForm) - but pressing back let me use the form ok.

Now when I save and publish the form, it just appears on my page like this:

Contact

$UserDefinedForm

Generated with the default ContentController.ss template

Is there something else I need to do to get it to display and use my template? Do I need to create a new page template or something? Sorry to be a pain, but the documentation seems to suggest it should just work

dacar

Community Member, 173 Posts

25 August 2010 at 10:25am

Edited: 25/08/2010 10:33am

hi kevin,

i hav got exactely the same problem: blank page and http://localhost/xyz/admin/EditForm
I have made a new installation on wampp. SS Version 2.4.1.

Can anybody help?

hmmmm, just found this one: http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/289597#post289597