Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Customizing UserDefinedForm Submissions tab layout

Go to End

3 Posts   2000 Views

Jakxnz

Community Member, 36 Posts

26 July 2010 at 11:52am

Please point me in the right direction:

I am looking to customize the way submissions are displayed in the Submissions tab of UserDefinedForms. I would like to be able to format it using a DataObjectManager or ComplexTableField.

What I can't yet comprehend is how to construct either using dynamic values, aka when users build / modify their forms, the DataObjectManager or ComplexTableField columns will change to match the entries.

Is this possible?

Could someone start me off in the right direction? I don't need the exact script, just the general idea would be great.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

26 July 2010 at 1:01pm

I attempted to use a CTF for the submission display but ran into issues with displaying the columns. Because the complex table field can only be so wide and the number of form fields quite large you would have to dynamically pass an array of say the first 3 form fields as the summary fields rather than every field. The detailed fields function would then return all the form fields. You would of course also have to disable editing the form submissions.

Would be interested to see if you get anything working since the submissions tab at the moment doesn't look the flashest.

Jakxnz

Community Member, 36 Posts

27 July 2010 at 2:00pm

Thanks for that.

Considering what you've said I think I will approach the tab with a .css + .js or approach, and create a new list style.

Can you please tell me how to create a set number of starting fields and lock them so people can add to them but not change them?