Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event_Calendar

Go to End

4 Posts   917 Views

davidm2010

Community Member, 107 Posts

22 July 2010 at 12:38am

In the RSS Feed, the even calendar shows the date added.
I need to either remove this or would like to label it (date event add) so to not confuse people who recieve the RSS feed. Any advice?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

22 July 2010 at 2:17am

Doesn't every RSS feed do that? I don't think it's the calendar that adds that. I think every RSS client will stamp each entry with a date of receipt -- the same way your mail client stamps an email with a date received. I think that all happens client side.

davidm2010

Community Member, 107 Posts

24 July 2010 at 5:33am

Yea, UC, I don't question that, just looking to see if there was a way to label it like "Date Added: dd-mm-yyyy" I think then people would see how long the sat ahas been there.

I am using the Google RSS reader to fetch RSS calendar data and display it on my website. That way I don't have to keep to concert calendars updated. Update one, read from another.

Just thought I could label that information to be less confusing.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

24 July 2010 at 6:23am

I honestly think there's no way to control that from within SS. You can look at the RSSFeed class. I don't think I'm missing anything. I really think it's your reader that does that labeling.