Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CMSworkflow Embargo/Expiry errors

Go to End

3 Posts   1697 Views

Hibari

Community Member, 9 Posts

23 October 2010 at 12:50pm

I recently put the cmsworkflow module into my site and whenever I try and set the embargo date and/or embargo date for the changes that I want on my page, the form layout doesn't fit that which matches the pdf. Also, I don't get the popup options of the calendar, and clicking the "Set embargo date" submit button doesn't actually set the embargo date or even load any code.

I'm still pretty new to silverstripe and I guess this must be pretty lame, but could anybody help?

Hibari

Community Member, 9 Posts

26 October 2010 at 7:07am

I guess to be a bit more specific--

When saving the page content to the way that I wish to have it change to upon a later date, I get the option down on the bottom right to "Request Publication" And when I do that, it's happy and fine and gives me the workflow page so that I can set the embargo date and expiry and review and approve if I feel the need to.

When I get to the embargo/expiry section, there are no buttons to open up the calendar and pick the date or time. Neither Embargo or Expiry has the option to do so, and when clicking, "Set embargo date" The site does not load at all or run any information. So, pretty much, they're just useless and not helpful at all. The site definitely needs this ability for updating content that needs to go up and come down on certain months and days. If anybody has had the same issue, or knows how to fix it, I'd really appreciate any help that I can get.

(Note:)
The batch functions don't have the pop-ups either, and when clicking to make something batch a embargo/expiry date, it said 0 success 1 failure and does not set the date for the embargo or expiry. That whole function is just not working.

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

12 November 2010 at 12:14pm

I am having the same problems exactly.

Also I have a page on my site that gives an error that is related to cmsworkflow. It is a news page where I have articles (as pages not dataobjects) and they are listed. The page is fine until I try to publish a new article using the request publish process. In the CMS it appears as if I get the article published but the frontend holderpage errors out.

Besides the above error, my CMSworkFlow problems are exactly the same as yours, so I suspect that it either doens't like the version of 2.4x we are using or there are additional config settings to add.
I have not added any of the WorkflowRequest:: settings (I don't think they are manditory) nor have I added any cron script yet (but that shouldn't effect this) I have tried with and with out LeftAndMainCMSWorkflow::set_prompt_admin_for_comments(false); just to see what the difference is (doesn't effect the core problems)

have you had any further luck?