Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Maintainer wanted for the External Authentication Module

Go to End

3 Posts   1971 Views

lancer

57 Posts

4 November 2010 at 8:13am

Edited: 04/11/2010 8:15am

Updates for the External Authentication module happen infrequently. For instance, a new version is almost ready (and has been for months), but for the unit testing. The root cause of this is the fact that I got a 2 year old son (the module is older than that) and had a wife who was also working 4 days a week. It was very hard for me to find some time to update the module.

Three weeks ago, my wide died as a result of skin cancer (it went very quickly, the docters didn't even have time to formulate a treatment). So I'm a single dad now and fighting for some time to do my own things.

This means that I won't have any time left to look after this module for the coming years. I got the feeling that it is used now in quite a few places. So if anyone is willing to take over management of this module I would be very glad.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

5 November 2010 at 4:43pm

Hi Roel, that's terrible news :(. I can't imagine what you're going through.

I use the module (LDAP mostly) quite a bit so I can take it over. SS is moving to GitHub and turning off their SVN repo in a few months, so I might have to move it to my own SVN repo, but you are welcome to take it back if you ever decide to take it up again.

Condolences,
Hamish

NicoHaase

Community Member, 6 Posts

13 March 2011 at 1:08am

I'd like to help here. I already wrote an authenticator for PAM (Unix system accounts) and I'm currently working on an authenticator for CAS for which I had to do tiny patches unto the original module.