Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Lucene module - search including PDF, Word and Excel

Go to End

18 Posts   8733 Views

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

10 November 2010 at 11:42am

Wow this looks impressive :) I look forward to trying it out in my next project.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 November 2010 at 4:16pm

Make sure you have submitted it to the modules section here on silverstripe.org so that people know its around!

Mad_Clog

Community Member, 78 Posts

17 November 2010 at 10:01pm

So this doens't have any server dependencies like the Sphinx module?
From the looks of it it's really easy to setup, use and extend.
I think the dev team should also look into this as the current search mechanism is a sodding nightmare!

schellmax

Community Member, 126 Posts

18 November 2010 at 9:37pm

this looks really promising.
i agree with Mad_Clog that the search functionality that ships with silverstripe is very restricted; also i didn't find the sphinx module overly useful due to the mentioned server dependencies.

however, the thing that was bugging me most with silverstripe's search method is that it won't look into related fields - from what i've seen this is a feature you've got on your list for future enhancments. would be really happy to hear about it if you can manage to integrate this feature. thumbs up!

Mad_Clog

Community Member, 78 Posts

19 November 2010 at 3:35am

Integrated this into a site last night, had it up and running within 30 minutes.
It wasn't playing nice with the ZendFramework reference which was already in my include path.
In the set_include_path (called in _config.php) i stripped out my original ZF path from the get_include_path which is used there.

Thanks for this module and keep it up

NoBone

Community Member, 1 Post

19 January 2011 at 11:16pm

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to install the module but when i press "rebuild search index" i get the following error.

Action "rebuildZendSearchLuceneIndex" not allowed on controller (Class: CMSMain)

Any ideas??

Darren Inwood

Community Member, 12 Posts

25 January 2011 at 10:51am

Apologies, something had gone wrong with my forum membership, I didn't get your message.

Appears to be a problem with 2.4.4, I'm looking into it now. :-)

Darren Inwood

Community Member, 12 Posts

25 January 2011 at 11:07am

Edited: 16/02/2011 10:55am

EDIT: I've now fixed this for 2.4.4 and 2.4.5 with no modifications needed to core files.
--

Hi there,

Appears to be related to this ticket:
http://open.silverstripe.org/changeset/115313

Form actions added via extensions no longer work out of the box with SS 2.4.4. I'll work out a proper fix at some stage, but to get it going for now open up cms/code/CMSMain.php and add 'rebuildZendSearchLuceneIndex' to the $allowed_actions array.

Thanks for trying the Lucene module!
--
Darren Inwood
Web Developer
Chrometoaster New Media Ltd
http://www.chrometoaster.com/

Go to Top