Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar - SS 2.4.3

Go to End

10 Posts   4272 Views

Terry Apodaca

Community Member, 112 Posts

13 November 2010 at 7:32am

I am not sure if something changed, or if I am just missing something when installing this module. I can't get the Event Calendar to work in SS version 2.4.3

I had it working in 2.3 and even 2.4.0

but when I upgraded the other day it stopped working. I loaded a new installation on my local machine to start testing out modules before I load them to sites, and I can't get Event Calendar to work on my local machine either (with SS 2.4.3).

Anyone else seeing this or maybe have some tips for me to check out?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

13 November 2010 at 8:05am

Yeah, there are major API changes in SS 2.4.3, and I'm still trying to get caught up.

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

Terry Apodaca

Community Member, 112 Posts

13 November 2010 at 8:09am

Thanks UncleCheese!

I'll keep an eye out for an update...when you have time to get to it. It's not something thats too pressing at the moment.

hornergraphic

Community Member, 4 Posts

8 December 2010 at 4:30am

Hi UncleCheese,

Is this true of SilverStripe 2.4.1 (running on a local MAMP installation for development) as well? I've installed the DataObjectManager, LegacyDateTimeFields and the EventCalendar but when I attempt to view a 'Calendar' page type in the CMS I get the following error with isDev enabled:

http://localhost:8888 meldet:ERROR [User Error]: collateDataFields() I noticed that a field called 'Priority' appears twice in your form: 'Form_EditForm'.  One is a 'DropdownField' and the other is a 'DropdownField'
IN POST /ss241/admin/getitem?ID=5&ajax=1
Line 140 in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ss241/sapphire/forms/CompositeField.php

Source
======
  131: 				if($saveableOnly) {
  132: 					$isIncluded =  ($field->hasData() && !$field->isReadonly() && !$field->isDisabled());
  133: 				} else {
  134: 					$isIncluded =  ($field->hasData());
  135: 				}
  136: 				if($isIncluded) {
  137: 					$name = $field->Name();
  138: 					if($name) {
  139: 						$formName = (isset($this->form)) ? $this->form->FormName() : '(unknown form)';
* 140: 						if(isset($list[$name])) user_error("collateDataFields() I noticed that a field called '$name'
       appears twice in your form: '{$formName}'.  One is a '{$field->class}' and the other is a
       '{$list[$name]->class}'", E_USER_ERROR);
  141: 						$list[$name] = $field;
  142: 					}
  143: 				}
  144: 			}
  145: 		}
  146: 	}

<!-- I TRIMMED THE LONG TRACE STATEMENT DOWN TO THE PERTINENT CLASS -->

Form->loadDataFrom(Calendar)
line 493 of CMSMain.php

If it is, I'm a long way from being a Silverstripe expert but would like to use this module on a project that is semi time critical. If you could put me in the right direction to solve these errors maybe I could progress some of the updates?

My wild stab in the dark here is something is conflicting with the 'Priority' column in the SiteTree table used for Google Sitemaps, but from where I haven't the slightest idea.

Thanks for all your awesome work at filling in all the blanks of the SS core dev team, DOM, Uploadify and ImageGallery are all awesome additions to every project!

blaise4714

Community Member, 10 Posts

16 December 2010 at 7:51am

Hi @ll
Any news about SS 2.4.3 and Event Calendar? I install Event Calendar without errors, but i get error when i want to create a calandar page. I need it, since i want to add a page contains upcoming events and whole calandar of the year. is there another module or possibilities for this task working with SS 2.4.3?
thank you

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

16 December 2010 at 9:27am

It looks like maybe SiteTree and Calendar are both calling updateCMSFields(), invoking the new GoogleSiteMaps field.

I've checked in the change to SVN. Run an update, or simply change line 149 of Calendar.php to:

$this->extend('updateCalendarFields',$f);

Hopefully no one out there is decorating their calendar using updateCMSFields!!

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

Jeramie

Community Member, 34 Posts

16 December 2010 at 9:38am

As usual UncleCheese, you are a life saver. Thank you!

blaise4714

Community Member, 10 Posts

18 December 2010 at 9:31am

Thank you UncleCheese!! it works fine now. i was able to create a calendar page on the cms.
I have some questions about the module:
For the calender page, is it possible to put the calanderwidget in the side Navigation (on the left) of the Page, where children Page are (like a normal page)? and how?
The event calendar come only with the languages german and english. If i want also french and spanish, should i only create the languages files?
thank you for your answers

Go to Top