Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

UserDefined Forms - Ability to CC

Go to End

3 Posts   1300 Views

ChubChub

Community Member, 16 Posts

16 November 2010 at 9:55am

Hello - Willr or anyone - do you know if it's in the in the queue for the ability to "CC" someone on the forms? I had a request from my client today and they "want to see the CC line with someone CC'ed in the e-mail". I have explained to them that the form will mail out as many e-mail recipients that you want .... but to no avail - they want to see it on the CC line.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

16 November 2010 at 8:46pm

No it doesn't support cc or bcc sorry. You would have to extend the UserDefinedForm_EmailRecipient class (you probably cannot do this via decorators) and update the process() function to add cc. Is the cc recipient static or do they want to custom it on each form? If its static then you could hard code it in the process() function (either directly in that file or make a subclass).

ChubChub

Community Member, 16 Posts

17 November 2010 at 3:20am

Thanks Willr - I've notified my client and we'll see where that goes... I appreciate the heads up, but I don't want to make the CC line static and I don't think I have time to extend the class right now.... We'll see in the future.
I appreciate your time and help - keep up the great work.
-johnr