Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Subsites and Filestore Sync (i.e. Look for New Files) URLSegments changed?

Go to End

5 Posts   1534 Views

Wilson

Community Member, 63 Posts

16 November 2010 at 5:32pm

Edited: 16/11/2010 5:34pm

Hi everyone,

Re: the subsites module. We're running 2.4.2, with latest Subsites, DOM and Image_Gallery. Anytime, we do 'Look for New Files' in the Filestore, the 100's of Subsites homepage URLSegments get changed to 'home-2', 'home-3', etc. In addition, an 'Uploads' directory gets created (which we don't need).

One item to note: we used to have 'cmsworkflow' installed but it's not anymore.

I've researched it a bit and I'm surprised there's not more folks commenting on this in the forums, so it must be unique to our setup. We started this project on 2.4 beta1.

Has anyone experienced any similar issues? Or could anyone point me to the code that would be changing the URLSegment in the assets/sync function?

I'm wondering if our database schema is corrupt.

Many thanks!!
Wilson

Wilson

Community Member, 63 Posts

14 December 2010 at 6:09pm

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

23 June 2011 at 10:15am

Hey Wilson,

Yes I am having a similar issue on a project I'm working on at the moment, I get the issue of pages being renamed to home-2 etc, also issues with the image uploader panel in the TinyMCE content editor where the list of folders seems to keep increasing and strange duplicate folders appear.

Good job opening a ticket... hopefully we can get some weight on this issue if other are having the same issues please post here!

tomas.bilek

Community Member, 5 Posts

11 September 2012 at 9:33pm

Is there any progress on issue? I have same problem with huge silverstripe installation experienced after some FTP uploads.... :/

tomas.bilek

Community Member, 5 Posts

11 September 2012 at 11:03pm

If someone is interested I discovered solution and described it on https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-subsites/issues/35

Tomas