Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Newsletter problem sending emails

Go to End

9 Posts   4035 Views

dlopezdelgado

Community Member, 3 Posts

25 November 2010 at 5:46pm

Edited: 25/11/2010 5:53pm

Hello. I'm trying to make this newsletter module work, but it just doesn't. I have SilverStripe 2.4.3 installed and I'm using the last release of Newsletter Module (newsletter-v0.4.0-rc1, if there is a new version please tell me). The problem here is this: When I tried to send a draft, I first get this message, "Your mailing list is empty, so nothing was sent.", but I had already registered some contacts, so I couldn't get it. Then I registered one more contact and tried again and this was the message: "Your mailing list is empty, so nothing was sent. However, this newsletter has been moved from "Drafts" to "Sent Items".". The draft content is now in sent items, but it didn't send anything. If I send a test message it works perfectly. Please anyone help me with this issue.

By the way, I created a new type and when I tried to register some contacts in the mailing list, I noticed that it's the same mailing list of the first created type. In the matter of fact, this mailing list is really a member list, I don't know Why? Can you guys please explain this to me?

Thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

25 November 2010 at 6:43pm

I've been pushing a couple updates to newsletter trunk recently, try that - http://silverstripe.org/assets/modules/trunk/newsletter-trunk-r114130.tar.gz

Also make sure in the admin section of the SubscribePage you have setup that you have selected the newsletter you want to subscribe to.

dlopezdelgado

25 November 2010 at 7:29pm

Thanks Willr, it works!!! now I can send newsletter to my subscriptors, and newsletter page works now, thank you very much.

Just an issue, when I check my email for the newsletter, the body content says HTMLText instead of the content I inserted.

Can you please tell me how could I fix it?

Thank you very much for your help.

dlopezdelgado

26 November 2010 at 6:37am

The problem has been solved, I had to create a template and assign it to the type, that way I could send the body content. But the Unsubscribe link doesn't send email address, the URL is unsubscribe/index//4, where the email address is missing. What can I do tho sove this issue?

Thanks

joninjas

Community Member, 32 Posts

15 January 2011 at 6:18am

Hi dlopezdelgado,

How can I assign the template to the type? I've got version newsletter-trunk-r114346 and it's just sending 'HTMLText' instead of the content in the sent mails.

Regards
Jonas

joninjas

18 January 2011 at 10:56am

Hi all,

This is a mixture from newsletter-v0.4.0-rc1 and newsletter-trunk-r114130. For me this one worked perfectly with 2.4.3. Before I had problems with the subscription page (newsletter-v0.4.0-rc1) and with sending emails (newsletter-trunk-r114130).

Cheers
Jonas

Attached Files
joninjas

21 January 2011 at 5:54am

I changed the unsubscribe .php files too, the existing files didn't work.

cheers
Jonas

Attached Files
yellowscream

Community Member, 1 Post

22 January 2011 at 12:36pm

hi,

i've installed your latest version.
but i'm pretty new to SS.
Can you explain to me how i can add an sign out link to my newsletter? and on my site?

Thx for the info

Go to Top