Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Google Analytics Module

Go to End

5 Posts   1867 Views

voodoochile

Community Member, 52 Posts

29 December 2010 at 11:45am

hi all
i have installed the latest trunk of the google analytics module to a site running on 2.4.3 follwed the read me etc mostly worked not sure if i have missed something?
the google analytics report show up under reprts tab but thats about it? see the screenshot there it seems like a part is not being loaded or something.

any help would be appereciated, thank you.

Attached Files
greenpea

Community Member, 19 Posts

3 January 2011 at 2:58pm

I've added the module and run dev/build?flush=1. I can't see the module in Site Reports (i'm running 2.4)

apiening

Community Member, 60 Posts

13 January 2011 at 9:51am

hi guys,

@goldie:
what instructions did you follow? The only valid instructions are the ones that come with the module in docs/README.md. have you activated the logger and the analyzer?

GoogleLogger::activate('SiteConfig');
GoogleAnalyzer::activate('SiteConfig');

@voodoochile:
can you check the firebug js console for errors?

cheers

andy

speedengineer

Community Member, 4 Posts

26 February 2011 at 8:13pm

I had been having some trouble getting GA to work in the reports section. It would show up on the left menu, but when I clicked it, it would simply say "loading" and never display anything else.

It's working now though - I had made the simple mistake of leaving the version number in the name of the folder of the module when installing it. It must be named "googleanalytics" exactly, or else it didn't work. Hopefully this tip will help someone else.

I will say though, you're much better off logging into your actual google account to view statistics as all that is shown in silverstripe is page views and page visits...

ocean

Community Member, 37 Posts

27 January 2012 at 5:09am

Edited: 27/01/2012 5:14am

Seems to install ok, on SS 2.45, used these instructions https://github.com/silverstripe-labs/silverstripe-googleanalytics, config method and populated fields with GA credentials etc, which I've checked a few times, also run dev/build and flushed ...

There is an error in the CMS, when I click "show visits/page" I get a pop up which simply states "the page at www.xyz says: error", no real actionable feedback.

Inspecting the page a bit I see the ga.js file is in there, though not really sure how to proceed further in finding and correcting whatever the fault is, and also how to tell for sure everything is hooked up correctly with this mod.

Any ideas?

Thanks
~ Sean

P.S. In GA account for this site I get this status: tracking not installed