Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CMIS Module WebKit Fix

Go to End

3 Posts   1292 Views

jeremykiveo

Community Member, 5 Posts

12 February 2011 at 4:00pm

Sorry, I'd submit something to the SVN, but I'm kind of a goober at those things - plus, maybe this will help your SEO, somehow.

Recently, working on a project for our local Town Government, we decided to implement SilverStripe (is there any other choice?) because of the continued ease of use and my silly nosiness. The Town Manager wanted to have a document management system (we chose Alfresco) to handle all of the meeting minutes, briefs, etc. Nosing around the unmaintained modules, I tripped across the CMIS connector (GOD LOVE YOU, MARCUS!).

Again, being the silly goober I am, I fussed and fidgeted for a week trying to figure out why it "wouldn't work". Then my über l33T programmer friend Briley shoots me a blank stare and says "You're using Chrome again, aren't you? Works fine in Firefox."

Here's how he solved my week long "problem" in five minutes:

Inability to browse in Webkit browsers is due to character decoding issue. In Webkit browsers, the vertical pipe in the ID parameter is not decoded correctly (encoded as %7C). In ExternalContentPage.php, wherever this is:

$object = ExternalContent::getDataObjectFor($request->param('ID'));

I changed it to this:
$id = str_replace('%7C', '|', $request->param('ID'));
$object = ExternalContent::getDataObjectFor($id); 

Thanks Briley & Marcus!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 February 2011 at 3:43pm

Thanks for pointing this out! The best place to put this is the issues area on the modules homepage - https://github.com/nyeholt/silverstripe-cmis-connector that'll make sure Markus can track bugs.

jeremykiveo

Community Member, 5 Posts

14 February 2011 at 4:41am

Will do! Thanks, Will!