Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

userforms ist not sending emails

Go to End

3 Posts   1158 Views

s_a_m_y

Community Member, 31 Posts

6 March 2011 at 5:30am

Edited: 06/03/2011 5:31am

Hi to all,

I'm new to SilverStripe and am now for the first time stuck on a problem.

I successfully set up a new website with new page types and now want to add a contact form. I read the book on SS and followed the instructions given on userforms. Installed and configured the form fields. The form appears in the frontend and when submitted the entry can be found in the CMS. However there are no emails send to the recipient nor submitter.
As far as I have understood (since this is not described in any chapter) I defined the "To Address" in the area of "email recipient". The submitter enters his/her email in the form, so I chose this field as the "From Address". Still none receive an email copy of any kind.

It is said that the form ist "ready to use". Where else can I define that copies are send as real emails? The email function of the server is working, I checked on that.

I would be very glad for any hints.

Thanks,
Samy

s_a_m_y

7 March 2011 at 11:37pm

Anyone? This is a standard setup, as I understand. Should the steps I took be sufficient for the contact-form to work or am I missing a step?

Thanks again.
Samy

s_a_m_y

9 March 2011 at 1:28am

I let the whole question settle for two days and, without making any changes, today I receive the emails and suddenly also new submissions work right away. It all has a life of it's own.

Thanks anyway.
Samy