Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

UserForms stays green after publishing

Go to End

7 Posts   2337 Views

Terry Apodaca

Community Member, 112 Posts

7 March 2011 at 1:13pm

I know this is probably trivial to most, but it's really bugging my client. I can reproduce this in just about every install I have...after the initial install, and after you make a modification the first time...the Tree item stays green. I've tried everything, and it will always stay green.

Has anyone else seen this?

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

9 March 2011 at 8:53pm

I have, and it bugs me too, although not as much.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

9 March 2011 at 10:28pm

It will always be green as SS 2.4 + workflow introduced a great feature as if it doesn't detect any changes to the page then it won't create a new version or publish it. But for UserForms I haven't got round to building change detection as it involves a number of components.

If anyone wants to get stuck into fixing it I would be most grateful. The specific function is https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-userforms/blob/master/code/UserDefinedForm.php#L282

Terry Apodaca

10 March 2011 at 8:03am

if I can get some time, I might look at fixing this, just because it's bugging my client.

It's not a big deal to me though...since it's known and not really hindering the functionality of the module.

purplespider

Community Member, 89 Posts

26 January 2012 at 3:09am

Just wondering if anyone had a stab at this? I've now got a client complaining about it too!

Terry Apodaca

26 January 2012 at 6:39am

I wouldn't worry about it, as SS3 is around the corner....just ask your clients to deal with it for now.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 February 2012 at 9:47pm

You could change this to return false and it will stay black (instead of green) https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-userforms/blob/master/code/UserDefinedForm.php#L282.

If anyone has the time to get the detection working would be good to have, it'll have to track form field updates, setting changes (could just use a parent:: getIsModifiedOnStage() for that) and email submission updates (which aren't versioned) against the latest published date.