Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Flickr-Modul: no Pop-up

Go to End

3 Posts   1704 Views

Nauri

Community Member, 11 Posts

10 March 2011 at 5:51am

Hi,

I'm testing the Flickr module.
Clicking on a thumbnail no pop-up window opens, but the original image is loaded in the same browser window.

Does anyone have any idea how I can solve the problem?

This post (click) is not able to help me. Silverstripe 2.4.2 has no jsparty folder.

Thanks,
Nauri

kcd

Community Member, 54 Posts

20 May 2011 at 1:05pm

Hi Nauri

Yes you can fix this. You will probably find you need jquery loaded which has been relocated. Try using firebug and you may get the error "$ is not defined" pointing to "$(document).ready( function() { " in whatever popup box javascript the Flickr module uses.

You'll need to find the php line that requests jquery and change it from jsparty to:

Requirements::javascript('sapphire/thirdparty/jquery/jquery.js');

Hope that is enough to fix your problem. I don't actually use the Flickr module.

BrixtonBoy

Community Member, 7 Posts

9 March 2012 at 11:52pm

I'm having the same problem. I've installed flickrservice v0.3 into a Silverstripe 2.4.7 installation, and I've linked to flickr OK. You can see the results at http://bmtf.org.uk/flickrgallery/.

BUT, click on an individual image and instead of popping up a bigger view of the image, one simply goes to a page containing only that larger image. One has to use the browser back button to get back to the flickr gallery.

I see from my searches that this has been a problem before, but the old solutions don't seem applicable to my versions of the software. I've searched the flickr module for the strings 'jsquery' and 'jsparty' (without the quotes!), but neither occurs in the module's code.

I'd really like to get the popups working in the flickr gallery as it's a great feature for holding people's attention, and showing them around the neighbourhood ...

Any pointers gratefully received!