Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Sapphire Docs question

Go to End

8 Posts   1427 Views

cumquat

Community Member, 201 Posts

11 March 2011 at 8:03am

Hi ya,

Ok there is a good chance i'm being a plum but i have installed sapphire docs and it all installed ok but when i go to http://mywebsite/dev/docs i get the layout page but no docs, and the message Were sorry the page you are looking for does not exits... even though there is an index.md file and a few others in that folder. I've looked at the blurb to see if there is a config file i need to change but i can't see if there is anything else i'm supposed to be doing. I'm using ss2.4.5 and the latest build of sapphire docs.

I'm guessing there is something i've missed, any pointers?

Mick

Attached Files
Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

11 March 2011 at 5:33pm

Edited: 11/03/2011 5:34pm

I haven't used the sapphiredocs module on it's own for a while but by default automatic registration of docs should be on so it should include any module/docs/* folders. Check that you have a least one of these docs folders available.

FYI docs are not yet bundled with sapphire / cms downloads yet.

cumquat

11 March 2011 at 8:57pm

Hi ya,

Cheers for responding, yea i have put a docs folder in a few modules in fact i may have gone a bit mad and put docs folders everywhere :o) still no joy. It looks like it's all ready to work i bet there must be something silly i'm not doing......

Mick

Willr

12 March 2011 at 4:28pm

Just tried with a clean checkout and docs setup in the project folder and I got the 404. Looks like somethings broken with loading the first page (without a given module) as the logic seems pretty tied to having a module given. For now you should be able to access your docs on a module by module basis via the url /dev/docs/modulename/..

Willr

12 March 2011 at 5:17pm

Ok just pushed a couple fixes to the module (on https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-sapphiredocs) which should fix the showing of the 404 on your main page. Will now give you a list of all the modules.

cumquat

12 March 2011 at 8:31pm

Many thanks for that, 'it's alive' :o)

cheers

Mick

wildflower1975

Community Member, 63 Posts

8 July 2011 at 11:49am

hi

I've just downloaded the latest code from github.com and I'm getting
<code>
Fatal error: Call to undefined method DocumentationService::get_registered_languages() in /usr/local/apps/SilverStripe-v2.4.5/sapphiredocs/code/controllers/DocumentationViewer.php on line 687
</code>

when I view mysite.com/dev/docs

I'm guessing this function passes back an array of language codes and names?
ie return array('en' => "English", 'es' => "Spanish" );

Willr

8 July 2011 at 1:14pm

wildflower1975 - ah, looks like that comes from the LanguageForm. We haven't yet fully fleshed out multiple language support so in the mean time you can comment out the $LanguageForm var from the template.