Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We're retiring the forums!

The SilverStripe forums have passed their heyday. They'll stick around, but will be read only. We'd encourage you to get involved in the community via the following channels instead:

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Changing between subsites doesn't work

Go to End

5 Posts   1492 Views


Community Member, 13 Posts

7 April 2011 at 3:52am

I had installed silverstripe 2.4.4, then later added the subsite module. Nothing seemed to work at first, so found the github site ( and checked out master. Now everything seemed as I imagined it. Great.

Except the drop down menu on the top doesn't change the pages shown. I had now waited a while before actually using it, so I tried to fetch and checkout git master again. Still same problem. I updated to 2.4.5, yet still changing the drop down menu doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong? The drop down menu has all the subsites I've created from the menu listed, but whatever selected in the drop down menu doesn't matter. What could I be doing wrong?


Community Member, 13 Posts

7 April 2011 at 4:03am

Great. I've tried to solve this for several hours, ask the question, and THEN i find a workable solution by myself. The problem still stands, however I can change between the subsites by simply changing the subsite URL. As in edits subsite, while edits the url. Not quite as simple as I'd hoped, but I'm happy with a working solution. If somebody still has a tip for making the drop down menu work though, that'd still be very apreciated.


Community Member, 1 Post

1 March 2012 at 12:32am

Hi Imbrondir,

While I do realise that this was 11 months ago now, I'm popping this response here for other people who may search for the fix and not find it.

I, like yourself was having the same problem, however, I noted that the JS require calls were looking for the folder /subsites/ and not /module_subsites/ as it appears when downloaded.

Renaming the folder to /subsites/ (as it mentions in the installation instructions - d'oh) fixes everything up nicely.



Community Member, 13 Posts

1 March 2012 at 9:03am

Very considerate of you :)

Beyond IT

Community Member, 5 Posts

5 June 2013 at 2:22am

Thanks for your help! I had the same problem today...