Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Adding .swf countdown timer

Go to End

2 Posts   2112 Views

Valorinbattle

Community Member, 95 Posts

22 April 2011 at 5:34am

I'm trying to add a .swf countdown timer to one of page templates. It calls an xml file located in the same folder. For some reason, I can't get it load correctly. It works fine on a test.html page, so I know the countdown timer itself works, but I don't know how to get it to display on a php page.

I've tried adding it into the <head> section of the page template, i've tried putting it into the Layout .ss file for that template, and I've tried putting in an Include .ss file. None of that has worked.

The crazy thing, is if I actually browse to location of the .swf in a browser, it works perfectly. But trying to call it in a template doesn't work. What am I missing?

Thanks for any help!

~ James

jaredkipe

Community Member, 16 Posts

26 April 2011 at 11:42am

Are you sure your template file is being rendered? Namely, if you insert some text in it, do you see it displayed when you go there with your browser?

Have you tried putting ?flush=1 after the address to flush the template cache?

Are you sure you are embedding it the correct way, and linking to it correctly. If you are using a browser that supports it, do you get any errors when the page is loaded. Such as file not found.