Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Sphinx Module for Windows

Go to End

3 Posts   1191 Views

tgfisher

Community Member, 10 Posts

5 May 2011 at 2:08am

Has any progress been made on the Sphinx module to make it compatible with Windows? How much work needs to be done to allow it to work in both Linux/Unix and Windows environments?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

5 May 2011 at 6:55pm

Can't say I have used Sphinx on windows (plenty of unix deploys though). Hamish (man behind the sphinx module) has actually changed to working on a fulltextsearchable module which one of the goals is windows support. Still in the very early stages however - https://github.com/silverstripe-labs/silverstripe-fulltextsearch. You may also want to checkout Marcus's Solr implementation as that also been known to work well on windows.

Have you tried sphinx on windows yet? Do you get any errors? From what I can see people have got it to work so not sure what related to the module might need to be tested (tmp dirs for one!)

tgfisher

Community Member, 10 Posts

6 May 2011 at 12:17am

I haven't attempted it, yet. I may give it a shot sometime today. If I get it working on Windows, I'll update this thread with my modifications.