Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar problem - cannot create new calendar event

Go to End

6 Posts   1831 Views

josh.gross

Community Member, 8 Posts

21 June 2011 at 10:06am

Hi there,

I'm testing out Uncle Cheese's Event Calendar module, and I get a PHP error every time I try to create a new calendar event. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or whether it's a problem with the Event Calendar module, the DataObjectManager module, or a conflict with Sapphire, so I thought I'd post it here.

When I try to add a new Calendar Event to a Calendar I get the following PHP error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function FormName() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\sapphire\forms\DateField.php on line 208

Has anyone else come across this problem?

I'm using SilverStripe version 2.4.5, and the master versions of Event Calendar and DataObjectManager.

Thanks

josh.gross

23 June 2011 at 11:57am

Somehow this problem seems to have fixed itself. I tried it again today, and now I can create new Events with no errors.

I haven't reinstalled anything since I tried it last (I had tried that earlier, and it didn't seem to make a difference), so I'm not sure why it's working now.

Anyway, it all seems good. :)

flashbackzoo

Community Member, 2 Posts

27 June 2011 at 9:50pm

I'm having this problem too. Did you figure out what was causing it?

josh.gross

28 June 2011 at 8:16am

No, I'm not sure what caused the problem, or how it was fixed. One day it wasn't working for me, and the next day, without changing anything about it, I suddenly found that it did work.

Codenz

Community Member, 6 Posts

13 July 2011 at 7:22pm

This error is making me bald. I've been trawling the forums for any information about this and just get dead ends. I'm running SS2.4.5 with the github versions of Uncle Cheese's dataobject_manager, uploadify and I've tried installing the legacydatetimefields module, Tried some suggestions from various threads : But nothing works. The next step is to downgrade everything to 2.3.7 compatibility which I know will work. But I really don't want to have to do that. Can anyone out there in the Silverstripe community pinpoint this issue.

I get exactly this message on a grey background when trying to create a New CalendarEvent...

"Fatal error: Call to a member function FormName() on a non-object in /home/flydutch/domains/theflyingdutchman.co.nz/public_html/sapphire/forms/DateField.php on line 208"

I'm hoping that when I go to sleep tonight, I'll wake up to continue on the issue and Bam! it's mysteriously fixed itself over night just like for Josh.gross. Please oh please.

Codenz

Community Member, 6 Posts

15 July 2011 at 4:04pm

OK so I woke up and the magic didn't happen. I had to revert to ss2.4.0 with compatible DOM, Event_Calendar and swfupload. That all works sweat.
Would still love to know what causes this error though so if anyone does know, can you please share. Cheers.