Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar date format

Go to End

7 Posts   2746 Views

Carrie_Lang

Community Member, 24 Posts

23 June 2011 at 12:23pm

I've been trying to search where to edit the date format in Event Calendar (if there's like JUL. 12 - 14, 2011 in upcoming events and I'd like it to be 12. - 14.7.2011). Maybe I'm just too tierd and need some sleep, too many hours working with the computer, 'cause cant find the right file to modify. But it would be great if someone could give me a hint, where to find the place to change the code, or where to find some tutorial for this module.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

23 June 2011 at 4:08pm

You need to add a $customDateTemplates array to your mysite/_config. See event_calendar/_config.php. I think there's a commented example in there you can copy and paste.

Carrie_Lang

23 June 2011 at 9:06pm

Ok, thanks a lot, now I got it :) I'm also wondering how to get the language changed. When I'm adding new lang php file and date js file with the translated months and days, but I'm seem missing something when it still shows the original names.

t00thy

Community Member, 31 Posts

23 June 2011 at 10:01pm

I have the same problem, the dropdown buttons under the calendar show the english names of month. Where can I edit this? Can I set it somehow to lang.php file?

Carrie_Lang

24 June 2011 at 8:03am

Ok, now also some other of my translated text changed back to English.. I tested to set some other locales what I found in some other topic, like

i18n::set_locale('de_DE');
i18n::include_locale_file('event_calendar', 'de_DE');
setlocale(LC_ALL, 'de_DE');
setlocale(LC_TIME,"de_DE.UTF-8");

to my config file. And when changing them back to what I had, I have e.g. the search button in site search with the English text "Go" though I have the language file with the translated text. I suppose this is a very basic thing that I just don't get..

t00thy

Community Member, 31 Posts

24 June 2011 at 8:19pm

Edited: 24/06/2011 8:22pm

In witch config file you change it? In mysite/config only, or in other config file in modules?

I rewrite also .js file with months and days, but it still in english. Maybe it's in some file, witch is only in english and we must creat the same in our lang. Czech or German.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

25 June 2011 at 4:22am

mysite/_config