Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Some questions about group permissions...(New to users in SS)

Go to End

gvelasquez85

Community Member, 11 Posts

12 July 2011 at 4:45pm

Hello, again it's me... I want to know how to show some fields in a page for a certain group of users. Let me explain better:

Actually I'm using the Member Profiles module to get the people registered/logged-in and to show some special pages to the logged users, but I want 4 things...

1. How can I show some fields of the page only for logged users??. I mean, I have my homepage template, but I want to show a poll only when the user is logged, but, if the user is not logged, the poll will not be shown. Is possible to do that?

2.How can I add a lightbox(or similar) to silverstripe to show some little images/links in the site?

3. How can I add an avatar to the member profile? Is this possible? Can I add custom fields to the registration page (Like the one that I like to add, the avatar field )?

4. How can I list all the users? and, the last one, how can I show in the profile page, show all the comments made from this user???

I'm in a hurry and any help will be highly appreciated

Thank YOU in advance!!!