Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Solved!! - page-elements templates won't populate drop down

Go to End

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

16 July 2011 at 7:14am

Edited: 02/08/2011 4:15am

I'm having a problem getting page-elements to populate the template drop down under the behavior tab in the cms. I'm running multiple sites under one install of ss 2.45 and for some strange reason page-elements works perfectly in some of the domains, but refuses to populate the templates in others.

I've double checked the directories for typos, flushed, cleared cache, cleared the browser, deleted files, dropped tables, reinstalled the module, relinked and started over several times and it didn't solve the problem. I even went back to check for commonalities and potential conflicts with installed modules. I reviewed which modules were installed in the three domains that worked and compared them to the two domains that don't and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. All of the modules installed on the two domains that won't populate are installed in at least one, if not all of the other domains where the module is working. Nothing came up in the error logs and I tried dev mode hoping to find some sort of error but came up blank.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I should look at or try?

HB

-----------------------------------------
ETA: After setting this aside for a few weeks I realized that I hadn't tried changing the theme. Once I selected a new theme, page elements started working for both sites. It turns out that the thing they had in common, the one thing that none of the other sites had, was an open in new window command. As soon as I commented out that line in the php (and flushed) the original theme loaded the page elements templates. It was so simple, I can't believe that I didn't try it before doing anything else.

HB