Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Resources - Event Calendar (View Bookings from Front End)

Go to End

3 Posts   992 Views

woodb2

Community Member, 48 Posts

11 August 2011 at 2:00am

I'm just starting out using the Event Calendar with Event Resources. I would like for the users to be able to see the Bookings calendar that is part of the EventResources DOM. Is there a way (easy way) to make this visible in the front end?

Thanks,
Brian

redactuk

Community Member, 117 Posts

17 August 2011 at 12:17pm

I was thinking about doing the same, but after looking at the code realised there was no 'easy' way. That said the entire display is handled via jQuery, so it should be possible to code a new extension based on code in EventResourceCalendar.php utilising the jQuery already written, but I've not attempted it as was too much work for what I needed.

Note: I did contact the module writer (and posted in these forums) but he seems to not be supporting it.

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

17 August 2011 at 2:32pm

Hey,

The EventResourceCalendar is just a standard form field, so you should be able to use it in the frontend. You would probably need to write a couple of lines of custom JS to initialise the calendar (since it's currently attached to some tab events in the backend), but you shouldn't need to edit the PHP code.

PHP:
$fields->push(new EventResourceCalendar($eventResource, 'Calendar'));

JS:
$("#Form_MyForm_Calendar").fullCalendar("render");